REGISTRATION AND ENROLLMENT STEPS
1. Read, "Prerequisites for enrollment," to verify you meet the requirements of the program.
2. Choose a class from our Muskegon schedule. (classes fill-up quickly)
3. Print and complete the CNA application then mail, email, or fax it to the campus you plan to attend.
4. An enrollment coordinator will contact you to review payment options and schedule an
appointment to assist you in finishing the enrollment paperwork. We are always available to
answer any questions or concerns by phone or email.
5. Completion of the enrollment paperwork can only be done in person and will take approximately
one hour to finish.
6. We encourage you to make an appointment however, we love visitors so feel free to drop in and chat with us. If you chose to stop in please call before your visit to help avoid any lengthy wait times.
PRE-REQUISITES TO ATTEND CLASS
1. Registration and tuition must be paid in full.
2. Attend your appointment with our enrollment coordinator.
3. Complete all enrollment paperwork.
4. Turn in negative TB test results. (must be less than 1 year old).
5. CBH that is less than 30 days old.
How To Apply
HELP Muskegon +1.231-722-7111 Grand Rapids 616-245-1255
PRE-REQUISITES FOR ENROLLMENT
1. Must have a minimum 8th grade reading level.
2. Pass a reading test with a 75% grade.
3. Complete and sign a student application.
4. Must possess a record of good legal standing as required by Michigan Public Act 27-29 2006.
5. Must provide a current Criminal Background History (CBH) that is within 30 days of the start date of selected class.
6. Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, instructors, facility staff, resident and all other members of the
7. Must have a positive attitude and demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
8. Physically able to stand and walk up to 4-8 hours per shift.
9. Must be able to kneel, bend and squat.
10. Must be able to safely push, pull, lift or move 50+ pounds in accordance to the residents care plan.
11. Must be 17 years of age to attend class and 18 years old to to take the state CENA exam.
12. If pregnant, provide a Doctor release with no restrictions and pregnancy must be less than 24 weeks gestation.